Monday, March 4, 2013

Book Review #'s 14-19 Half Share - Owner's Share

So, I reviewed Quarter Share by Nathan Lowell a little bit ago, but now I've gone and listened to the rest  of the books in the series in order. I'm a bit of a fanatic about this series, it really gets to me, the first three are full of potential, nothing really bad happens and everything is great, even through the challenges there is always a feeling of "everything is gonna be alright" and it just makes me happy all day long listening to those books and when he finally gets out of the academy things change a lot.

The second trilogy has an entirely different tone, it's all about how Ishmael handles difficult situations, and Jeff Maloney, the CEO of the shipping company Ishmael works for, is always there causing some part of the trouble. He has to deal with a terrible captain in the fourth book, Double Share. He has to learn to command a ship and not let his ego run the show in Captains Share. And in Owner's Share, well I won't ruin it for you, but it's compelling, terrific, awesome, happy and sad. 4/5 You should read this book series if you like this sort of thing, and by that I mean awesome stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment